Site components of Mobile BTS:
A telecommunication site includes several components as follow:
3. GSM and MW Antenna
4. Telecommunication racks
5. GSM & MW mounting structure
6. PDB&PDB Stand
7. Base frame
8. I-Beam non penetration & Sunshade
9. Ladder & Cable tray
10. Ground and electricity cable
11. Anti-theft guard for telecommunication racks
12. Tunnel lights
1. Fence: To protect land sites, the fences are installed around the site. There are various type of fences:
- Mesh and cornerstone pattern
- Mesh and profile pattern
- Expanded sheet pattern
- Punched sheet pattern
In some sites, shelter with aluminum chamber is used instead of fences.
2. Towers: Towers are considered as a major component for BTS site, and all the components for transmitting the frequency and waves is installed on this towers.
Types of towers are as follow:
- Monopole Tower
- ICB Tower
- Bridge Tower
- Self-Supporting (self-Stand) Tower
- Wall Support Tower
- Inhibitory Tower
3. GSM and MW Antenna: These two types of Antenna are used in different frequencies. But the task of these antennas are transmitting waives.
4. Telecommunication Racks: Existing cabinets in telecommunication sites which keep equipments inside, are called rack. There are different types of racks based on the different kinds of operators and type of sites. In some sites, equipments are placed in racks with batteries in a rack while in the other sites; battery rack and equipment rack are separated.
5. GSM & MW mounting structure: These are components that are used for installing equipments such as antenna. The reason of using these components is that the tower be safe from any harm.
6. PDB&PDB Stand: In order to supplying power to the site, PDB and PDB stand are used, and for installing them, installer utilizes the PDB stand. The models can be personalized based on the operator requirements. The electricity enters to the PDB from the meter, and then distributed from the PDB.
7. Base frame: For positioning the equipment in terrestrial sites, metal frame is used. The different kinds are:
a. Base Frame 1 Cab
b. Base frame 2&3cab
Based on the operator requirement, various frames are used. Generally, base frame 2&3 cab are used during the installation, that have possibility for adding extra components in future.
8. I-Beam non penetration & Sunshade: I-Beam non penetration use cases are in rooftop sites. The feature of the chassis is that they are not so heavy and there is not any need for concreting and damaging to the building consequently.
9. Ladder & Cable tray: In order to guiding cables into the cabinets, Ladder and cable tray are used. Otherwise, the cables will release in an unspecified manner, and this will lead to damaging and worn-outing the cables.
10. Ground and electricity cable: In order to transmitting power to the equipments, PDB and tunnel lights, the Electricity cable are used.
The ground cable is used for transmitting the electricity power to the ground. In land sites, the ground cables are actuated around the ground in a ring pattern, and then the ground cables connect to the earth from the tower.
11. Anti-theft guard for telecommunication racks: Anti-theft guard for telecommunication racks are used in sites which are prone to robbery.
12. Tunnel lights: For site lightning, tunnel lights are used and the electricity for them is gained from PDB. The positioning of the lamps should be in a way that lighting inside the racks clearly and usually, they are placed next to the fence door.